After two years of revamps, Echo Park Lake will reopen tomorrow at a 10 a.m. ceremony with mayor-elect Eric Garcetti. During its 145 years, the man-made lake has seen its fair share of history, accidental archaelogical excavations, and death and mystery.
Here’s a look at Echo Park Lake’s past, courtesy of the Los Angeles Public Library‘s online photo collection.
- You’re Invited: Grand Opening of Echo Park Lake [Echo Park Now]
- CityDig: Guns, Germs, and Wagon Wheel? Archaelogical Finds at the Bottom of Echo Park Lake [L.A. Mag]
- Echo Park Lake to Reopen with Eco-Friendly Improvements [KCET]
- Echo Park Lake, ’29 Acres of Paradise,’ to Reopen June 15 [L.A. Times]
- Photos: Echo Park Lake, the Latest View from the Air [Patch]